Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sit Down and Write 4


I'm not much of a writer, but I have so many stories and story ideas floating around in my head - they're so vivid, almost like a movie, that I absolutely have to write it down and bring my characters' stories to life on paper. I feel like my characters exist on their own and I didn't create them... I discovered them. :-) I don't normally show my stories to others, they're part of a persona project of mine, but I will tell you this: my stories revolve around a powerful family who is beautiful, intellectual, sophisticated, but cursed. That's all I'm going to say. :-)

During this challenge I'm going to devote at least 500 words a day for my story writing. I'm mainly a letter writer but I suppose this blog is appropriate for this kind of challenge, too, especially because the host of this challenge also hosts reading challenges. :-)

I'll chart my progress daily (or frequently!)!

Week 1

Monday: I wrote 1068 words! Really surpassed my goal for today! It was just too much to write once I was in the middle of it. :-) The Write or Die online app is really useful!

Tuesday: Today I wrote 663 words, and the 20 minutes went by quickly. I feel like the scene played out well in my mind, although the dialogue is a bit on the cheesy side. I just want to get it all out and then edit it eventually when I'm all finished

Wednesday: I wrote 587 words. I kinda didn't want to stop, but I have to because I want to go to bed soon. I have a headache and haven't been getting enough sleep lately. But the story stopped at a really awkward but interesting part. :-) 

Thursday: I wrote 656 words. I don't recall what I wrote on this day, but I know it went well. Editing this project will be interesting in the end!

Friday: Internet was down so I didn't get to use the Write or Die online app, but I did write 655 words using Microsoft Word. Successful! Further establishing the background of one of the characters' family.

Saturday: All went well. I wrote 640 words before midnight. XD I really like the transition of the characters talking about what they wanted to do with their lives, then moving on to a character's dream sequences, and then the character waking up in the middle of the night. I can hardly believe that I have one more day of the challenge tomorrow! Time went by fast :-)

EDIT: Oh my... I didn't realize that this is a 2 week challenge. XD I was all ready to end tomorrow! Bwa ha! Now my story will be even more nearing completion by the end of the 2nd week! I wonder if it will be halfway done?

Sunday: I honestly didn't feel like writing today, but I did it anyway and I'm glad. :-) I wrote 589 words and left it at that.

Week 2

Monday: Wrote 648 words. Not bad considering it's a lazy Labor Day holiday for me. I'm interested in seeing which direction the story will take next.

Tuesday: 594 words this time around. I'm dead tired and almost completely forgot about writing today. I should put it into my planner so it's one less thing to worry about. :-)

Wednesday: 578 words for today. The story is flowing smoothly enough.

Thursday: 590 words today! Finished around 11:11 p.m. (don't remember what I wished for, ha ha!)

Friday: Had a fever the previous night, so today I rested a lot and completely forgot about writing. :-(

Saturday: Wasn't exactly in the mood to write today either, especially after getting sick. I was really tired

Sunday: I didn't get to write today either.

RESULTS: I did great until I fizzled out at the end after getting sick. XD But overall I think I was pretty successful. :-) I wrote a lot more than I thought I would!

2 comments:

  1. Awkward/interesting parts are sometimes the best place to stop. Give you a great place to jump back in! Great work on your first three days. Hope you're still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you :-) thanks for the encouragement! Things are definitely still going strong. :-) I'm glad that I'm doing this challenge - really helps me to write more! I hope your writing is going really well :-) good luck with your final week of the challenge!

      Delete